Who can to go allcove?
allcove centers welcome young people ages 12 to 25 with mild to moderate needs looking for support with any of the following:
- You need help with a health issue.
- You’re going through something difficult.
- You’re feeling sad, worried, stressed or helpless.
- You’re concerned about alcohol, vaping or drug use.
- You’re worried about a family member or friend.
- You want someone to talk to about relationships, sexuality or sexual health.
- You need advice about school, college or your studies.
- You want support with your career or job search.
- You just need space to reflect.
What can I expect when I come into a center?
When you enter allcove, you will be greeted by one of our friendly staff and given a tablet to check in. On the tablet, you can check in for drop-in services or an appointment you have that day. You are also welcome to tour the space. If you have any questions about the registration process, feel free to come up to the desk, and we can answer those questions for you. And if you want a confidential space to ask your questions, we can also provide that.
What happens at my first appointment?
Depending on which services you would like to access, you may be asked to complete a questionnaire or one of our team members will ask you some questions to see what’s happening in your life. You will work together to come up with a plan that is tailored to your needs.
How much will an appointment cost? Do you bill insurance?
Services at allcove are free or low cost. We will always confirm this before the appointment is made.
- Services at allcove Beach Cities are currently not being billed to insurance.
- Services at allcove Palo Alto may be billed to your insurance depending on your provider. Please contact us at (650) 798-6330 with your specific questions.
- Services at allcove San Mateo are currently not being billed to insurance.
Do I need a referral or to bring a guardian or parent?
You do not need a referral for any services at allcove. Anyone 12 to 25 years old can come in to an allcove center independently to learn more about the services we offer and how to access them. We can help explain which services require guardian consent and which do not. Although we encourage the involvement of supportive family members, the majority of services provided at allcove do not require consent of guardians or parents.
Will my visit be confidential?
Anything you share with an allcove team member is confidential and will not be passed on to someone else without your permission—unless we are concerned about your safety or the safety of someone else:
- If you are at risk of harming yourself of someone else.
- If you are at risk of being harmed by others.
- If you are under 19 years old and experiencing physical, sexual or emotional abuse or neglect.
- If you have committed a serious crime. In these cases we will provide only necessary information to appropriate services or support people.
- If we receive information regarding specific reportable communicable or infectious diseases and need to notify the Center for Disease Control and Public Health Protection.
Will I need my guardians’ or parents’ permission?
We encourage you to involve supportive family members in the care you receive through allcove but also respect your right to privacy and confidentiality and want to ensure you feel safe and secure accessing our services. We will only communicate with your guardian or parent with your permission or to the extent required by state law.
Do I need an appointment?
Contact your local allcove center to schedule an appointment. Drop in, check out the space and meet our care team members. Make an appointment at our reception area to come back and meet with the right team member for your needs.
How many times can I come to allcove?
allcove is designed to be a short-term service focused on prevention and early intervention providing services for young people with mild to moderate needs. Some people come once, some come four or ten times. allcove team members can help you figure out how many visits would benefit you and offer referrals to other providers when needed for longer term support.
How does allcove provide care?
allcove provides team-based health and social services for young people aged 12 to 25. Centers are operated by a lead agency alongside other community agencies that provide staff and services. This team may include:
- Mental health professionals, physical health professionals, nurses, substance use clinicians, counselors, supported education and employment specialists, peer support specialists and medical office assistants.
- The team is made up of service providers from the lead agency and other contractors. Your center team is created based on the services you decide to access at allcove. Depending on your needs and goals, your care team could include members from one, some or all of the different providers that make up the allcove center team.
How can I volunteer or intern at an allcove center?
Young people between the ages of 16 and 25 may want to consider applying to be a youth advisor with your local allcove center. Each center recruits for their group on an annual basis. Contact us to check if your local center is recruiting.
allcove Beach Cities
We are currently offering volunteer positions for the following roles:
- Peer assistant supports our administrative needs, greets all guests, provides tours of the center and assists our team with clerical projects.
- Campus greeter welcomes all guests and visitors entering the building with a friendly, helpful attitude, providing information, direction and customer service and assisting our visitors to and from the center, as needed.
Volunteers must be 14 years or older.
We are currently offering student internship positions for the following roles:
- Student research intern supports data collection, analysis and reporting. They conduct research across multiple initiatives and programs and support the implementation of datacove, allcove’s data collection system.
- Student program intern assists with the evaluation of submission for providers by offering feedback and opinions on potential providers within allcove. They develop and update interview questions for potential service providers, assist with program development, implementation and completion of deliverables and support outreach efforts.
Student interns must be 14 years or older.
We are currently offering internship positions for the following roles:
- Clinical intern provides mental health and case management services. They deliver evidence-based clinical services, support staff trainings, provide resources and referrals and work in a multidisciplinary team. Requirements include pursuing a master’s degree as an MSW or MFT or seeking to accrue clinical hours.
- Program intern supports all programs in the center by preparing and assisting in workshops and events, conducting outreach to educate community partners, supporting communications and other team members. They may also support peer support specialists.
Applicants must be 18 years or older.
allcove Palo Alto and allcove San Mateo
While we appreciate the interest, right now allcove Palo Alto and allcove San Mateo are not offering volunteer or internship opportunities.
How are allcove centers managing in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic?
Your health and wellbeing are incredibly important to us. Our centers are designed and adapted to balance spaces where you can have private conversations as well as spaces where you can be in community with others. Choose what works best for you.
allcove Beach Cities
While masks are not required at allcove Beach Cities, you are welcome to wear a mask. Please visit the entrance area, if you forgot yours. Hand disinfectant is also available.
allcove Palo Alto
Masking is not required in the open areas of the entrance and flex space, but you are still welcome to do so. They are, however, required for the private rooms, corridors and bathrooms. Please let us know if you forgot your mask. Masks and hand disinfectant are available throughout the center.
allcove San Mateo
While masks are not required at allcove San Mateo, you are welcome to use one.
Are services provided in languages other than English?
We recognize the importance of resources from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Our team members can provide services in:
allcove Beach Cities
allcove Palo Alto
allcove San Mateo